Author Topic: Free for women  (Read 9660 times)

tatianna21

Free for women
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:42:43 AM »
Hi all,

Is it possible to setup Etano in a way, where women have free access to premium membership's functions, and men have to pay?

"Even a girl can code"

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Free for women
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:22:30 AM »
Yes it's possible.

Here's how ...

1. Select "Subscriptions" in the admin menu.

2. Then with the "Subscriptions" tab selected, click the "add new" link to create a subscription.

3. In the "Short description" field add something like "Women Free", the actual description field is optional for this particular creation. Then make sure the price and the duration fields are both set to "0" so they don't get charged and the membership doesn't expire. Click Save!

4. Now select the "Auto Subscriptions" tab and click the "add new" link.

5. For the "Assign Subscription" select the "women free" which should now be an option in the drop down list.

6. Now for the "To Members" section, first select The "having field" option and then from the first drop down list select the "I'm a (f1)" option, then in the second drop down list select "Woman". Click Save!

That should be it, now when a woman joins the Auto Subscription should automatically make them a permanent premium or paid member. When a male joins they will be assigned a regular basic membership.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
Maverick
I decided to give this a try, but ran into a problem.
When I tried step 4, and clicked on "Add new" the screen went to a blank white screen. Is there something wrong with my subscriptions_auto_addedit.php file?
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:34:56 AM »
Open this file ..... admin/subscriptions_auto_addedit.php

On line #43 replace this line of code ....
Code: [Select]
$dbfields[$pfield['dbfield']]=$pfield->config['label'].' ('.$pfield->config['dbfield'].')';
with this ....
Code: [Select]
$dbfields[$pfield->config['dbfield']]=$pfield->config['label'].' ('.$pfield->config['dbfield'].')';
Update: This fix has been added in version 1.23

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »
Thanks Maverick!
That fixed the problem.  :)
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 03:51:51 AM »
Is it possible to do something like this with a promo code that a registrant enters into a text field?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 08:36:24 AM »
Not that I know of, a feature like this would have to be somehow custom coded into the script.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »
Yes it's possible.

I tested this out by creating a new profile and selected Woman at registration. Afterward I logged in and the membership didn't automatically change.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 03:17:10 AM »
I just tested Auto Subscriptions as well and it doesn't appear to work for me either. In theory it's supposed to, another user I know claims it works for him. Why it seems to work for him and not for others is a mystery to me.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:06 AM »
I wonder if that user can compare notes with us. Do you think Dan might know?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »
I talked again with the user that had thought it worked, however after further testing he realized that it indeed did not work for him either by selecting fields such as for women. He just assumed it would.

So it's possible the auto subscriptions never did function as intended, nobody probably knew anything about the auto subscriptions or it's purpose, or just never had any use for it, and therefore never bothered to try it, until now!

Dan is likely the only one that would know how to possibly fix it. My guess is it might have something to do with the code in auto subscriptions section located in the processors/join.php file.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 03:57:37 AM »
Wow! I'm glad we explored this feature otherwise we'd never know that it's broken. Certainly, this is something to fix, because it's advertised in the main Datemill.com site and all over the web that Etano has auto subscriptions. I was one of those users who didn't know what auto subscriptions were or how to use them until this topic popped up. Thanks for the introduction.

hmmm hopefully it's a simple fix like you showed me with that subscriptions_auto_addedit.php file.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
A message has been sent to Dan regarding the auto subscriptions, as well about the possibility of there being a few minor multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Maybe when he gets some free time he can address these issues, and hopefully they will be relatively easy fixes.

The auto subscriptions would indeed be a handy feature for those wanting to provide free memberships to a particular gender, or maybe to offer free premium trial memberships for a month (as another example).

JohnHarperJr

• SocialGratis.com
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »
Having men pay and women free? Is this a proven method?

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
A message has been sent to Dan regarding the auto subscriptions, as well about the possibility of there being a few minor multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Maybe when he gets some free time he can address these issues, and hopefully they will be relatively easy fixes.

The auto subscriptions would indeed be a handy feature for those wanting to provide free memberships to a particular gender, or maybe to offer free premium trial memberships for a month (as another example).

Out of curiosity, what is the status of the auto subscriptions problem?
Do we have to try to fix it ourselves?