Author Topic: Found a problem  (Read 6876 times)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Found a problem
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
This is basically the same thing as the .htaccess directives I suggested, the only difference is that it has the opposite effect, meaning it's setup to always automatically Rewrite the domain name WITHOUT the www prefix no matter if the user includes it when they type in the URL.

It really doesn't matter which way you have it as long as it always rewrites to one or the other so your sessions always have the same version with or without the www prefix.

The RewriteRule should be set to whatever you have set as the BASEURL in your includes/defines.inc.php file.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mydomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

When you used the directives with the "mydomain" text it should have been edited to reflect your site's domain.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

webmaster22

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 03:14:02 AM »
Wow, 5 years later I have same problem and no solution yet, should have read this before choosing dating script.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
Wow, 5 years later I have same problem and no solution yet, should have read this before choosing dating script.

The issues you're facing might be down to your php handler. You have previously stated that you're using an shared server that runs PHP as suPHP, not apache module.

it has been mentioned before by maverick that it can possibly cause some issues

PHP as a CGI mod and enabling suPHP that can cause issues or hinder some functions. It's possible to configure PHP CGI and suPHP to work ok with Etano if the host is willing to do it, but many won't.

Do you get any errors in your error log in the admin panel or any other logs you access to?

Are all your folder/file permissions correct?
On a SuPHP system permissions on folders should be chmod 755 and files should be 644

Maybe try using database sessions instead?

webmaster22

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 05:05:20 AM »
Hi
Thanks for input KHDev, I dont think host will change anything, for the host security of servers is more important than user websites. I chose Etano script as it was available in autoinstallers, assuming all scripts provided via cPanel work ok. Guess not all scripts are suitable/functional in shared hosting enviroment.

Have no idea how to use database sessions, if I make only  small changes to the skin of script it breaks it, let alone messing with PHP or mySQL. :)

Thanks for ideas anyhow!