Author Topic: "Invalid Email" error message with "+" in email  (Read 2080 times)

tacman1123

• Confirmed Member
"Invalid Email" error message with "+" in email
« on: October 16, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
I'm creating some test accounts on my system, and want to use Google's feature of adding a plus sign to create faux accounts, e.g. myaccount+man@gmail.com, myaccount+woman@gmail.com, myaccount+test1, etc.  A "+" is valid in email, but is being rejected by the email validation.  Can somebody point me to where the validation code is for the email field?

Tac

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: "Invalid Email" error message with "+" in email
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Look in the general.js file around line #196, the file is located in the js folder.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

tacman1123

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
Ok, it goes past the JS, but now that PHP kicks it back.  What file is that in?

What's the procedure for requesting that this fix gets added to the source code tree?

Thx,

Tac

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
I would have thought editing the validation strings in the js file would have done the trick. I have no idea what other files would need to be edited to do what you want. Maybe the original developer will eventually pop around and can offer some suggestions as to what else needs to be edited.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

admin2

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »
This is fixed in the source code already and will be included in 1.22
If you want it now have a look at the modifications made to general.js and processors/join.php - on the project site - the 'source' tab.