Author Topic: facebook connect  (Read 4710 times)

Chaze

• Prime Member
  • Be Happy
    • Fast Web Hosting
facebook connect
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
I wonder how hard it is to have this set up so people can login with their face book profile info. I'm seeing it with a lot of sites now.
Charles Yarbrough
Fast Web Host - WebHost.pro
My Blog

admin2

Re: facebook connect
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »
I was actually thinking about this feature a couple of days ago. It's not that difficult...a few hours of work should do it.
Problem with it is that the members you will get from this will not be looking for any gender and probably won't have any gender. So I guess there should be a new page in Etano for this kind of members to force them to enter the mandatory details once they login.

Chaze

• Prime Member
  • Be Happy
    • Fast Web Hosting
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »
I was actually thinking about this feature a couple of days ago. It's not that difficult...a few hours of work should do it.
Problem with it is that the members you will get from this will not be looking for any gender and probably won't have any gender. So I guess there should be a new page in Etano for this kind of members to force them to enter the mandatory details once they login.

Oh ya without them updating the settings once they login it wouldn't work well.

Hmm
Charles Yarbrough
Fast Web Host - WebHost.pro
My Blog

tacman1123

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:28:50 AM »
What's the status of integrating Facebook login (and maybe other data, like status or photos)?  But even just the login would be great, eliminating yet-another-login would be a real perk.

Tac

clive

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:55:36 AM »
Hi
I am looking at how one can integrate a facebook app ...maybe someone has already done this and can share some pointers.

It seems to be the way to go.

Thanks
Clive

msimmons

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:15:49 AM »
I agree, it would really be a great new addition if people can have some way to access/link facebook accounts on their profile so that we would get to know other users better. It would actually be helpful to build a greater/ closer community of users from this site if there would be a way to connect people better.

Anonymous

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
You can check out
Facebook Plugin

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 12:13:30 AM »

If you go to the http://groupeelove.com website, they have such a button and separate registration page. When you click on it, it asks you to log into facebook and then allow it to reach your profile content. Then you're taken to a page on Groupee Love to fill out a basic membership account. Then you can view your new profile. When you return to the site and click on the Facebook link, you just login with your Facebook unless you're already logged in there.

note: I'm not promoting or advertising the groupee love website in here. Just showing it as an example
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »
here is a good solution based upon connecting through your facebook login

http://forum.datemill.com/index.php?topic=3688.0
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.