Author Topic: Is there an affiliate program plugin at all?  (Read 3339 times)

Chaze

• Prime Member
  • Be Happy
    • Fast Web Hosting
Is there an affiliate program plugin at all?
« on: August 03, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
Would like to allow webmasters a fee for referring new members.
Charles Yarbrough
Fast Web Host - WebHost.pro
My Blog

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Is there an affiliate program plugin at all?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »
For running an affiliate program you need to use a separate third party solution. Good affiliate management and tracking software are very complex and sophisticated beasts, and not something that can be easily created as a simple built-in solution as an add-on or plugin for Etano.

If your affiliate management program appears weak and not very sophisticated with limited features, you'll have a hard time getting webmasters to signup and remain on-board.

There's nothing too complex about installing and using most affiliate management software with any website, the only real integration you need to be concerned with is the affiliate software and the payment processors your using so it can track and record the actual sale when a member pays for a membership. If your wanting to also pay webmasters for FREE membership signups as well, that may require a special mod which you'll have to inquire with the affiliate software company about.

You need to look at something like Post Affiliate Pro or Jam Affiliate Manager both of which are very popular ...
http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/
http://jam.jrox.com/

There's quite a few different ones out there, you need to do a bit of homework to see what features you want and need, such as payment gateway integrations etc. Just google for them and check out some marketing and affiliate forums to see what others are using and recommending.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Chaze

• Prime Member
  • Be Happy
    • Fast Web Hosting
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
Thanks jrox sent this back

"If there is an option for your site to post the sale and transaction data to a thank you page after paying, then JAM can probably integrate with it."

Not sure if I have this or not
Charles Yarbrough
Fast Web Host - WebHost.pro
My Blog

admin2

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:10:07 AM »
The script does return to a thank you page and it has the payment information available, it just does not print it on that page. You probably need to call a function from jam scripts or redirect to some other page. Seems like a small job for us (or for jam guys).