Poll

Which 3rd party application would you like us to integrate with Etano?

vBulletin
14 (22.2%)
Addonchat
20 (31.7%)
phpbb3
6 (9.5%)
v3 chat
23 (36.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: 3rd party apps integration  (Read 33001 times)

spartacvs1

Re: 3rd party apps integration
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Sorry for the second post, my finger touched a button and this sent the post I didn't complete. So sorry
Hey community,
What do you about http://www.pcpin.com/
 Thanks

spartacvs1

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
Hey community,
 Thanks

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2013, 03:17:45 AM »
Sorry for the second post, my finger touched a button and this sent the post I didn't complete. So sorry
Hey community,
 Thanks

this pcpin looks fast. I wonder if it can be integrated into etano.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

elna

• Prime Member
    • elclass | free classified ads.
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
It would be pretty good.
I wish the bridge comes out very soon.
regards
natasha..

UK

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2013, 01:57:27 AM »
social login , the coder could use oneil social login for this which would be extremely easy to do take less than 2 minutes to make a plugin for this!
notification when messages are received and friend requests are received , blogs do not show to all the site just to yourself, that needs to be fixed, and we need a plugin that makes plugins or a example plugin and exactly what code you can use pure html or java or both or? and how to make plugins.
i could go to elgg and use there plugins on etano if i knew how to make a plugin here as they are very similar.
It seems like the admins of this cms have given up on it? or are very busy making a new update for etano?

Nash77

• Prime Member
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »
This site isn't being developed anymore, it was originally a paid script, but they were kind enough to make it open source, so if people want to develop it then they will have to do it themselves or pay someone else to do it for them.

UK

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
This site isn't being developed anymore, it was originally a paid script, but they were kind enough to make it open source, so if people want to develop it then they will have to do it themselves or pay someone else to do it for them.

wow thats nice of the makers of the script, a shame thogh i see there are some people here that make it feel like etano is being developed etc :D

Nash77

• Prime Member
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »
Some of us try to help others, but we all have jobs, and also we have all been bombarded in the past to help, which to be honest is a bit off putting, as I don't mind helping but when I get 20 messages a day asking for help it becomes too much.

UK

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
lol i see what you mean :D

libritario

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:49 PM »
I like pcpin chat but i don't know how integrate it to etano. I hope someone can provided any help please

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2014, 10:41:36 PM »
Unless you plan on having a site with just a small number of users it will be a waste of time to create an Etano login bridge for picpin.

The main problem with most PHP and/or Ajax based chat or messenger scripts is they tend to be rather resource intense, even if you have a dedicated server you will be pushing the envelope with 100 simultaneous users chatting at once, a shared hosting plan will handle far less, in many cases anymore than 25 or 30 will cause it to crash.

The reality is if you want a decent chat or instant messenger for one-to-one chats it's going to cost you. About the only one-to-one chat system that's really worth considering is http://www.cometchat.com/ which is very similar to Facebook's footer chat, which is what most dating and SN sites are going with these days. They even have an integration mod for Etano http://www.cometchat.com/etano-chat. You can start out with your own hosted solution of comet chat and as your site grows and you can expand on it using their push services that can handle hundreds and even thousands of simultaneous users.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

libritario

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
I understand, but I don't looking for any messenger script. I see ideal for me, pcpin, cuse is open sourse and I can edit anything in the script and, I see it more easy for modificate. I prefer pcpin chat.

SwingersGezocht

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
Is there an howto install cometchat?
Otherwise I will try to write it

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
Is there an howto install cometchat?
Otherwise I will try to write it

Since its a 3rd party premium feature you should get an installation guide with it.

They provide a brief guide on how to install it with Etano via their documentation which you can view >> Here