Author Topic: Errors on reinstall on new server  (Read 2641 times)

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Errors on reinstall on new server
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
I did have my etano all setup and going, BUT I decided to change the domain name and get its own independant server.
So I uploaded all the files to the new server and went to the install page and I get to step 3 and get this error

Warning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/nzadult/public_html/install/processors/insert_db.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nzadult/public_html/install/processors/insert_db.php:17) in /home/nzadult/public_html/includes/sco_functions.inc.php on line 713

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nzadult/public_html/install/processors/insert_db.php:17) in /home/nzadult/public_html/includes/sco_functions.inc.php on line 714

Can someone PLEASE HELP me here?
All I get now when I go to the domain name is a blank page with the message 'please remove the install folder" what do I do?

Cheers
Johnboy
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

admin2

Re: Errors on reinstall on new server
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:23:11 AM »
Oh, sorry, Johnboy, I meant to answer your email personally but got caught with other things and omitted that.
Ftp to your site and remove the "install" folder (probably public_html/install).
If you still get errors after this email us again and I'll help you.

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Errors on reinstall on new server
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »
Hi Dan

Thanks I did that and the site appeared on my new domain name, BUT,
It hasnt installed properly and I can't even signup as a member as it keeps repeating the 1st sign up page when you fill it in and hit send.
Plus the tech feed thingy aint on the homepage.

I never got past stage 3 on the install.

Please HELP, but only when you have time, as I KNOW you must be EXTREMELY busy at the moment.

Cheers
Johnboy

PS
I just got an email from the site asking for me to verify my account, even though the registration was not completed.

Later on:
Dunno whats happening but things seem to be fixing themselves, but still a few weird things happening like new members not showing up, and the admin news from datemill isnt in admin. Registration is working Ok now though.....and the tech feed is working now........do I need to delete everything and reinstall it again.
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...