Author Topic: New button on the menu bar  (Read 3471 times)

boboangkasa

New button on the menu bar
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:21:16 AM »
1) Bro how can i add a new button on the menu bar at the top page?

2) How do i change the box located on the left of every page(example: My account,etc) and place all the box located on the left page to right side so the big box on the right will be switch to the left side. I prefer it that way.

Hope you can understand me.

Cheers  ;)

haveachat2001

Re: New button on the menu bar
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
1) Bro how can i add a new button on the menu bar at the top page?

Hi boboangkasa
   If you want the new button on the front page you need to edit the index.html in your /skins_site/def/ folder or in /yournewskin/ folder or the frame.html for users after the login

to add the new button
<li><a class="menu1" href="{tplvars.relative_url}mailbox.php" title="my mail box"><span>My Mail Box</span></a></li>

"{tplvars.relative_url}mailbox.php" is for the associated php file

title="my mail box" will display my mail box when mouse is moved over button

<span>My Mail Box</span>  displays the name of the button

hope this helps a little
and as for you second question
i will leave to admin as i would hate to point you in the wrong direction

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
To change the menu so it's on the right side is possible, however it won't be simple task as it will require quite a few modifications. Not real sure why you would want to, as it's pretty standard to have main menus on the left side which will be more familiar with most users.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

admin2

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:04:18 AM »
2) How do i change the box located on the left of every page(example: My account,etc) and place all the box located on the left page to right side so the big box on the right will be switch to the left side. I prefer it that way.

This can be done from CSS. Since it is very simple I'll post the solution here, however, a designer should do more complex tasks:
In skins_site/def/styles/content.css you have this code:
Code: [Select]
/* CONTENT COLUMNS */

#content_column1 {
float: right;
margin: 18px 0;
}

#content_column2 {
margin: 18px 0;
float: left;
}

Change the floats from right to left and left to right in the code above and you're done.

BTW: We strongly recommend you to change the default design to have an unique look&feel. We are available for design services and our prices are quite low but, of course, you can hire any capable designer to do the job for you. Just change the default. It lacks that touch of personality and warmth that may attract and keep members on your site. It is a generic skin to work on all kind of sites our customers might have and it was kept simple on purpose to help designers understand it and work based on it.

boboangkasa

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 06:14:42 AM »
Thanks haveachat2001 i did it. Thanks a lot.

I dunno Maverick i feel the my acount menu box on the left would be better for us in singapore cause maybe we are used to right hand side driving. Hehehe. Everything in singapore in on the right side.

boboangkasa

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:20:58 AM »
Thanks Mr Admin

Did it. Yeah. Itss better now.