Author Topic: Activity Feed & Content Restriction  (Read 838 times)

AF

Activity Feed & Content Restriction
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »
These to me seem like issues that must be addressed.

Etano needs an activity feed, along with adult content restriction options as a part of default package.

If I had the skills to develop the php/js for this I would certainly to it and make it available. Otherwise it is very difficult to create a site with atmosphere that people want to engage in. Facebook has this covered, and now a lot of other software provides this function as it really is important. It creates and prompts user interaction..and user interaction is KEY.

Maverick maybe you should really look into this, get a developer to help you and then release it on datemill cheap and eventually recover development costs. It will give etano the backbone it needs and lacks as a social tool.

The admin "live activity' provides this type of update that is useful. I haven't looked at the code yet but i assume its tied in with js in the way it updates without page refresh. This would be a nice feature if it were tied in with updates such as blogs, comments, friends & chat. I know it's a big complicated job but i really honestly feel that etano will never move forward without this step, and it would be the first thing I would do, second to creating "adult content" check-box for photo & video uploads so that adult content can be controlled through widgets and searches. This is a really important issue.

Where is Dan these days anyway?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:32:56 PM by AF »

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Etano Templates
Re: Activity Feed & Content Restriction
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Maverick maybe you should really look into this, get a developer to help you and then release it on datemill cheap and eventually recover development costs. It will give etano the backbone it needs and lacks as a social tool.

Unfortunately what your wanting is a little beyond my scope and capabilities. The project needs more skilled programmers to become involved in developing mods and extras to appease more user's wants and needs as the Etano script is used for variety of purposes. Dan and myself have invested a lot of time into the project over the years and we can only do so much.
Etano Templates and Mods - Zodiac Sign Compatibility System
Issues & Fixes - Cron Job Tutorial - and more
http://www.maverickwebworks.com

AF

Re: Activity Feed & Content Restriction
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »
Yea I totally understand where your coming from, and you and Dan certainly have put a lot of time into this and I think everyone appreciates your dedication and help, I certainly do.
When I have some spare cash I may look at getting some development done and get back to you.

Cheers Mav