Author Topic: My Connections and approval  (Read 1461 times)

lopati2

• Prime Member
My Connections and approval
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »
Connections:This might be more of a feature request. Is it possible to let members choose whether their connections are visible to other members. Many members on my site would not want this visible.

Approvals: The other part is the approvals process. On the old DSB there was a discussion on allowing members who have been approved to not have to be approved again if they make changes to their profile. This meant they couldn't send emails etc. This happened when you used manual approval mode. I wanted to check if the same same configurationexisted for Etano.

admin2

Re: My Connections and approval
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:30:36 AM »
On approvals: the profile changes the state whenever a textfield / textarea is changed. If they change a selectbox / checkbox the state change will not happen.
A previously approved member who is now pending approval again will have the old (unchanged) profile displayed until the changes are approved.
It is up to you to set what a 'not approved' member is allowed to do in your admin panel - access levels - click on one of the levels.

lopati2

• Prime Member
Re: My Connections and approval
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
One of the problems that I see is that I can't differentiate between a member who, when I am manually approving members and has just signed up or is an old member and who has a  previouslt approved profile. By giving access to write emails to 'not approved' memebers you let spammers in to allow your old members to send mails. If you disallow the sending of mails(commenst etc) then you disadvantage your old member who has made a small modification to their profile. I would not like to have old members fall back to not approved.