Author Topic: Live activity in admin Panel  (Read 2558 times)

boboangkasa

Live activity in admin Panel
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
Hi Dan

The live activity seem cool, what and where should i add code, to have the live activity records on a new page? For example if i have a game page, i want to be able to see them in the live activity record if they visit that page. Cheers!

admin2

Re: Live activity in admin Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:35:10 AM »
Create a new access level in your admin panel - access levels, give access to that level to whatever memberships you want and then use
Code: [Select]
check_login_member('<your_new_access_level_code>');Where <your_new_access_level_code> is the level code you defined when you added the access level.
Check one of the existing php files (except *_left.php) for examples.

boboangkasa

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
Are you refering this to the admin(live_action.php) because that is what i meant i want to add this live activity to a new page so that i can know if a member is entering that page.

admin2

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
admin/live_activity.php just lists what happens in the site. Calling the check_login_member function in a page would log the action and the live_activity.php page would display that.

boboangkasa

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »
Calling the check_login_member function in a page would log the action and the live_activity.php page would display that.

How can i do this? Is it easy, if it is maybe you can assist me. Thanks.

admin2

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »
I just explained you above.

boboangkasa

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:22 AM »
ok got it, lastly can i still do that to a new page from a different host, so i will be able to find out if he goes to that page(from a different server). Do i need a different code for that? :?

admin2

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:50:45 AM »
You can't do this for other servers or even other applications without custom coding and changes to the mysql server (to accept connections from other servers other than localhost).

boboangkasa

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »
ok thanks, Thanks Dan. I guest i wont be able to do it then. Cause i have a my games hosted on a differrent host, worried if it might slow down my etano site. Anyway thanks for the knowledge.

Cheers