Author Topic: Featured rightside  (Read 1576 times)

keith

• Veteran Member
    • MatchMeUK - Free Dating
Featured rightside
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »
Hi

how could i get featured members to the right like in dsb, I would think this is the easiest way to make people tempted to look at other profiles more effeciently, simulat to the the main front page

Males see's only what he is seeking, women see' what there seeking etc..

can a module be made to do this..

Keith

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
Re: Featured rightside
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »
I mentioned the very same thing a few months ago.

The present NEWEST MEMBERS thingie will have a very limited appeal.

Most sign-ups will probably be male, and I wouldn't want to see thumbnails of all the latest males. 

Instead, people will want to see the latest sign-ups of people that might be of interest to them. 

For me, for example, I'd prefer to see the latest female sign-ups, aged 30 - 45, from anywhere.  Or at the very least, the latest female sign-ups. 

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
This would have to be a custom or special add-on mod and not something that's built into to the default script as this would only be useful for those running a full fledged dating/matching making type site, as viewing member's thumbs of the opposite sex or on gender preference wouldn't work for a general social networking site. Also keep in mind even on dating sites many members (especially women) often like to seek the same gender just as friends just to communicate with while biding their time waiting for a romantic connection. Traditionally on most main stream dating sites female members will drastically out number male members.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

admin2

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 03:21:57 AM »
As I told bobo, the default design is not that good for a 3 column layout. We'll definitely have a featured members plugin, if possible customizable the way strawberries wants, but in the default design it would probably be horizontal, the way the newest members plugin is.