Ok, let me clarify some things:
1. There's a DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
which you all have taken and which is let's say in beta stage. That's because we haven't really started pushing this offer and have made no official announcement other than this forum. The offer will "go live" in January.
2. There are future Etano updates which are actually bug fixes, future improvements, new plugins, etc. These will be both free and paid. It is these updates that I said you will loose if you don't go live within 2 months since you accepted our free DSB to Etano upgrade offer
I will try to clarify below what drives this need for the 2 months upgrade and I want you to understand that I'm not after squeezing money out of you or something like that. I just want a win-win situation for you and us.
Before going further you need to understand that DSB and Etano are different products
Etano is not DSB3.0 and neither is it an upgrade of DSB.
According to your DSB license you are entitled to updates for DSB for the lifetime of the product
. Since DSB has been discontinued this DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
is not part of the updates you normally would receive for DSB. It's just a separate promotion I want to offer you, not something you're entitled to.
Now let's see:
- you get Etano for free with this DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
- you get a migration script for free with this DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
- you get free Etano updates just like a customer who purchased Etano. There's this 2 months period that stays in your way but nevertheless you could get these free updates for free for the lifetime of the product.
- we don't ask for anything in return, not even a backlink from your site to Etano or any other notice.
So far I see only advantages for you with this DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
. Our one and only reason
for making this offer to you is to be able to build a gallery of sites asap and to have some initial buzz and traction. Bragging rights: "See this site that appeared on CNN? It's made by us!".
If you start your site in half a year or one year from now then we would gain nothing from you and this doesn't seem fair to us.
In this case it seems to me that you're not a candidate for the DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
and you should decline it. Instead you should buy an Etano license and start your site whenever you want. 4 years from now on, if Etano still exists then, you will get free updates. Plus you will still have your DSB license so you won't be forced to take your DSB site down.
Since we will officially launch the DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
in January, all who take it will be given 2 months from then. Meaning that they'll be given till about mid March to upgrade.
I'll make you all this offer: we'll extend your migration period till mid March too. For all of you who have already accepted the DSB to Etano free upgrade offer
If you can't finish the migration by then, just buy Etano and take your time. This is the best I can do for you.
And as a separate note: the support you get from us is much more than free bug fixes and some forum replies. Just ask johnboy, strawberries, maverick, bobo, sally, etc.