Author Topic: Translation  (Read 4050 times)

annuer

• Confirmed Member
Translation
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »
I 'm translating Etano in French.
I would like to know where to change the header text  :

Lost password? Hello guest, please login above or sign up.

Thanks.

admin2

Re: Translation
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
skins_site/<skin>/widgets/login/display.html

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
it would be excellent if we had translations for french, spanish and german.

I SHOULD have studied more in my language classes.    ;)

admin2

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:17:29 AM »
Unfortunately we can provide only English and Romanian if needed :)
But if someone is willing to make translations in another language we can add them as downloadable addons for everybody.
The plan is to set up a marketplace and sharing place so that everybody could share/sell addons/patches/mods but until everything is complete we can manually add anything that you send.

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:24:13 AM »
 :D 

Good idea, Dan.

Annuer, if you fell inclined to do so, hopefully you could consider sharing your French translation.

If we had the big four languages, we'd cater for most of the earth - english, spanish, french and german.

And for the sake of completeness, maybe romanian too.   :grin:

annuer

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »
Etano takes some times to be translated completely... :'( . So many files and fields..I am far from the end.

lopati2

• Prime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »
I am wanting to translate to French and Spanish. I would like to suggest getting the job done outsourced and just cost share with those that are interested(I think it would be a few hundred dollars at the most). The main problem will be the questionnaires that will vary between sites and if people modify terms and conditions etc.

admin2

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
As long as we don't have a proper interface for you to add your plugins/mods/translations we are not going to charge you anything for selling your stuff through us.
If you want to give your translations away for free it's ok, if you want to sell them it is ok too. I don't remember now how our site is managing the payment gateways but if possible without a lot of effort we'll use your paypal account directly to sell the translations. Otherwise we will sell them and will pay you the full amount minus the paypal taxes.
Once we have an interface for independent developers to manage their mods and see their sales, we will start taking some percent of your sales.

lopati2

• Prime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »
Dan,
I am happy to give the translation to you guys if I can get the translations done for a reasonable price through cost sharing. I will look into getting a quotation to see what the cost will be for the transalations.

lopati2

• Prime Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 02:44:45 AM »
Hi,
I am looking at getting the translations done through freelance translators. I estimate that the file word count for the site might be around 2500 words with the language file and the hardcoded text. This would cost around 150 USD. I am putting together the file for translation. Is any anyone interested in sharing the cost of translation with me for French or Spanish.

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 02:57:56 AM »
We can provide only English and Romanian if needed :)
Hehehehe..... I can do Kiwi     Fush and Chups lol
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 11:44:06 AM »

Hehehehe..... I can do Kiwi     Fush and Chups lol
LOL @ Johnboy

I can translate it to Canadian

"hows it goin EH!" ... lol

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

lopati2

• Prime Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:56:13 AM »
Thanks for the offers of help Johnny Boy and Maverick, but the members will have to put up with the my Aussie only for a while to come. :D

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
I'm working on the Irish version.

'To be sure, to be sure'

edupin

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 06:12:01 AM »
I´m working on spanish translation, to do his I installed a copy on local machine, but.... I have now a problem. I translated de "def" skin and cloned this one and now I only have half in spanish end half english....

I tried to regenerate de english copy but still the same... half in one language and half in other one.

My folders are now:
Skin-site

I would like to know, how can I restore english in one of the cloned languages... I tried to copy the original def copy (in english) to my new english folder on skin_site.
I think that maybe