Author Topic: V3 Instant messenger Chat System  (Read 8739 times)

boboangkasa

V3 Instant messenger Chat System
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »
Hi Dan i was surfing and i find out this software. Just wanna enquire is it possible for Etano to intergrate with V3 Messenger. It be great if its possible even the chat room is great. Hope you can check it out. What do you think of this guys?

Cheers

Bobo Angkasa  :-*
Singapore

boboangkasa

Re: V3 Instant messenger Chat System
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
Sorry here is the link to the site, forgot about it. http://www.v3chat.com/

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »
I'm familiar with V3 chats IM, I tested it quite some time ago and talked to a few people that use it and it seems pretty decent, better than most I've looked at and used, and I believe you also have access to the source code when you purchase it. The appearance is also quite customizable as well. The guy over at V3 Chat seems like a decent fellow, and from what I've seen in their forums his support appears to be good. I was actually considering integrating V3 chat's IM with Etano but I'd rather wait for Dan's IM as the integration should be tighter and more seamless than using a 3rd party solution.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

boboangkasa

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
Thanks Maverick for the comments on V3. Appreciate that.

Cheers.

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:25:11 AM »
Etano's Instant Messenger was a feature that I was very much looking forward to.  I'm sorta holding back going live until I have something like it to offer users. 

admin2

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »
You're going to hold back for a while in this case. We're planning to resume work on it mid february. Meaning that we might have a usable version by end of march. It's still going to be free for our Etano customers but not sooner.
You might be better with a Flashchat chatroom until then.
We already have integration addons for Flashchat and phpBB 2 (and smf on the way) but I'm holding back for a while with the release until Etano matures a little.

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 09:40:04 AM »
FlashChat is probably too sore on my limited hosting resources.

Yes, I had that feeling, that Etano's IM was gonna be a spring/early summer release.

I'll maybe have to go live without it then.

Great to hear that you have bridged PhpBB 2 (maverick will be happy!).  Are they hard/time consuming to bridge, Dan?    Reckon SMF will take long to do?

admin2

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Install phpBB, install the integration addon just like a regular patch, put the link to phpbb in the skins, done.
Should be the same for all forums.

admin2

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:19:36 AM »
Well, I contacted v3chat a week ago, opened a support ticket asking for integration documentation. According to their website it is possible to integrate their apps with a third party database. No answer. After 3-4 days I pinged them to see if I can get an answer any time soon. Nothing. Today when I checked the status of my ticket I couldn't find it - it was deleted.

I'm not going to try anymore. If someone wants it then I suggest you to purchase it and send it to us maybe we can figure out what to do.

strawberries90

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »
their support (and level of interest in third party integration) sounds very limited.  Not a good sign at all.

keith

• Veteran Member
    • MatchMeUK - Free Dating
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »
Hi all

I enquired about their chat(lite) still await their response......

So then went on and bought it, 3 days passed no sign of it, sent 4 emails asking when I will receive, not a single email back

Raised a dispute (paypal) against them, eventually received it,

Not impressed by the chatroom, very simular to Flashchat with the ajax mod

Keith

boboangkasa

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
But how come they reply me. Ok Dan i will try buy it first, but roughly how much does it cost  for intregration?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 10:15:20 AM »
Not impressed by the chatroom, very simular to Flashchat with the ajax mod

Keith

I've been doing this for a long time and I've yet to find a chatroom solution that impresses me. They all tend to be resource hogs (especially flash based) and are only efficient for for very small group chats. The only ones I've ever tried that I'd even consider is 123chat which has a flash front-end run by a java server, but it's real expensive, and addon chat which is 100% java based is pretty efficient but doesn't have the bling and bells and whistles like many of the flash based chats do, but it's a reasonable priced hosted solution therefore doesn't put any strain on your own resources.

I find V3chats IM ok but I wouldn't use their chatroom solutions, their chatroom would be ok for sites wanting something for a small private group, but not for a medium to large social networking site.

I'm not a fan of chatrooms to begin with and don't really want one on my site, but if my customers demand one then I'll use add-on chat.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

webspinner

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
I have used V3 IM on a site integrated with vBulletin, and it was not hard to do even though they do not officially support integration with vb3

admin2

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 07:23:59 AM »