Author Topic: Migration Script  (Read 14236 times)

keith

• Veteran Member
    • MatchMeUK - Free Dating
Re: Migration Script
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »
can this be fixed (username display) as many of my clients have put in there real names, at time of sign up they are advised these details will not be shown

if I start showing the names I may get in trouble

especially those married people flirting like mad.... then their real names displaying...  lol

Keith

haveachat2001

• Oz swingers Ads
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
Hi admin  :D

1. they are every 5 mins if your cron jobs are working ok.
I see that these are set up a little differently to before unless im reading wrong hmmm i did set then to
GET http://mysite/tools/cron/cron.php > /dev/null   and im running 3 of them  :|
2. right, it's fixed in migration script 1.1 but I guess that you don't need it anymore.

Nope i can crash the data base without help thanks  :grin: ;)

And when you use the correct settings for the cron job, ITS works  :D ;) :)  Doh
/usr/local/bin/php -f /home/myusername/public_html/tools/cron/cron.php

best online dating for sexy adults http://www.ozswingersads.com

admin2

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 06:58:28 AM »
v1.2 released. A few fixes and improved stability.

keith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
the new continue works a treat

is it possible for this function to be incorparated in the rebuild of profiles, as many people will be on simular servers to the one i have

I have over 4000 members and this does take some time, I get white screens

Keith

admin2

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 01:43:13 AM »
We discovered one more problem with the migration script. We are going to release a new version but until then, if you have already migrated your members and don't want to do it again you have the fix below.
The problem is that you will get an error when trying to add a new profile field and if you delete it you will actually delete some other field, leaving the site unusable.
The fix:
In phpmyadmin or other mysql administration tool run this update:
Code: [Select]
UPDATE `dsb_site_options3` SET `config_value`=31 WHERE `config_option`='dbfield_index'

keith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »
any news on the login names

My clients now have their personal data visible instead of their desired nicknames, can this be fix at all

Regards

Keith

admin2

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
Keith,

This cannot be easily achieved. You need changes in the php files. It is doable but you will loose the ability to apply updates if you make changes.

keith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
the user names and screen names are in fields in the database, rather than migrating the user name, cant you migrate the screen names instead
This would keep the script in order for further updates to be aplied

If its possible im willing to pay the costs

marcia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
This cannot be easily achieved. You need changes in the php files. It is doable but you will loose the ability to apply updates if you make changes.

Am I to understand that there is now only username and not username and profile name?  If this is correct, it will not work on either of my sites.  One is adult and one is not (yes I own 2 licenses).  There are folks that have usernames that I could never show on site legally.  There are also those that have a username that is legal but is obscene given the TOS.  Additionally there are some of us that have strict rules to follow when it comes to payment methods and what words can show on site.  For me to try to go through 13000 names to try figure out which ones is not going to happen and based on the fact they had 2 options when they joined should not mean they have to be removed because I have a new script.  Then there are some people that chose a profile name based on some characteristic and it may not be a name they traditionally use for a username and is hard to remember.  I think that for a new site one name does all is a doable scenario.  However for production sites, I think it is going cause some major problems.
Marcia

admin2

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 03:58:47 AM »
It's only the username that it is used and displayed now but, obviously, a screen name can exist if you defined it in profile fields. The migration script actually does that but the problem is that the screen name is displayed only on the profile page as a simple property like the eye color or height. The name of the profile is still the username (and for any content posted the username is used).
We can import the screen name and make it look like the username is the screen name for the imported data but the problem is that any new content they add (comments, blog posts, photos) would use the actual username, not the screen name.
And no, we cannot make it so they would login with the screen name and a password.
So the script MUST be modified to be aware of this.

keith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
on my site im liable, as on the older dsb script its stated the username will not be shown, and is used for billing etc.., but now if i go live with the new etano, im uncovering their real identity, this i can be liable for any damages for the client caused, and against the data protection act

I run a swingers site simular, my clients like to be cloaked with their nicknames, imagine the legal side when I display their real names........

When the migration script aquires the names, i assume it isnt rocket science to choose a different field for which the names are held, as this is how the names are migrated in the first place, the names are unique and the nicknames are unique

Id rather the site requires the nicknames as opposed to realnames to now log in, this can be displayed for people to take notice of on the sign in page

I could go throught the database and manually replace col 1 name with col 2 (nickname) this should work, shouldnt it

All I can say, any one in this simular situation is not to show the real names.... as you could be liable, ive had this in the past

marcia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2007, 11:34:05 AM »
Dan...
To the end user, the transition should be seamless.  I shouldn't have to write to a soul on any site to explain anything.  A field on the profile only is not acceptable and it does not help.  If it requires a script modification so be it.  It may not be easy to resolve and it may require a plug-in or something but for some of us it will be a necessity or the new script is useless.     :|
Marcia

admin2

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
marcia, I understand that. I simply told you that doing this would require us to make some changes on your site scripts. I have absolutely nothing against this. If you want us to make changes on your site contact us privately and we will do it.

keith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi

What about my sites we have 2 licenses, that we cant use anymore

admin2

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
Keith, I don't understand, what licenses you can't use and why?